Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vogue From Past


              Today when I woke up I thinking what about will be my new post today, and I decided to make my post about my favourite fashion magazine first Issue Vogue. I don't know around the world is person who doesn't love this magazine. How far vogue come 120 years ago, December 17, 1892 to be exact Vogue burn and fashion has never been the same since.


        Vogue was founded in 1892 by Arthur Baldwin Turnure. The name “Vogue” came from the magazine’s very first editor, Josephine Redding. Early editions of the weekly were not exclusively fashion focused. It was a society journal, and so also featured articles about animals, etiquette, sports, gossip and hobbies. It's soon changed when 1909 Condé Montrose Nast bought Vogue and slowly began growing it's publication. 


He changed it to a bi-weekly magazine and also started Vogue overseas starting in the 1910s.
He first went to Britain in 1916, and started a Vogue there.

                        Septemer 1916
                        Editor: Elspeth Champcommunal
                        Cover: Helen Thurlow 

Vogue then published in spain after Italy and France in 1920.

Nowadays magazine published monthly in 18 national and one regional edition by Condé Nast.

No comments:

Post a Comment